Sunday, October 28, 2007

Stairway to Heaven


Do you think it's a bad thing that I told our minister, aka my new boss, that my favorite part of church was snack hour? (I had some biscuits with country ham, an egg salad sandwich with the crust cut off, and a really good cookie that may have involved Rice Krispies, but I cannot be sure.)

He said, "It's mine too" but he was probably being polite. Considering he probably spent all WEEK thinking up a SERMON and all. Again, that corporate ladder is mine for the taking.

I guess a church secretary job isn't all that corporate. I am more climbing the stairway to heaven. If there's a bustle in my hedgerow, I won't be alarmed, yeah.

As per usual, I met some lovely people at church today. Everyone is so nice! And they already know I came from LA, so that's convenient. Get that fact out of the way. I think they expect me to call them "dude" and ask their sign. Which of course I would like to know, but I can find out when I add their birthdays to the church bulletin.

In other news, my shower is very clean. Today I think I am going to cook something major for dinner. It is sort of cold out, and we have no free activity planned, so cooking always works. Last night it was so cold that two of our cats got under the blankets with us. They have never been chilly before, and I think they are confused. Winston seems to be walking around with his fur kind of puffed out. Like he's trying to put more distance between his skin and the world.

I guess that's all I have to say about our spend-free day. I am getting very excited about the health blog I am starting January 1, and I still ask for suggestions as to a name. It does not have to have "bye bye" in it, folks. But should I remain June Cutoff Cash? Should I become June Cholesterol Cash? June Cutoff Fat?

3 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

I'm with Winston. I wish I had some fur to puff out. I'm so friggin' cold, and it's only October. SHEESH.

Hm. Well, you will forever be June to me, even though I call you by your real name in email. But nothing quite has the same ring as June Cutoff Cash. Then again, I don't have much vision. After all, I had to have a contest to come up with my new tagline. So, you might want to rely on someone else for your new alias. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think the blog name and your name should stay the same, or at the very least your blog name start with bye etc. so that all your fans can find you.

Anonymous said...

I really like June Cutoff Cash so the next progression should be June Cutoff Fat---if that's what you are intending. Also love the Bye bye buy----maybe Bye Bye Bye next so people can find you (as anonymous said).
Mum's new best friend