Thursday, February 15, 2007

V-Day Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Valentine's Day went much better than I expected. After a harrowing and draining work-related thing in the morning, I got to the office and did a run-through, to see who had received flowers. I am surprised to report that it was probably only about 10% of the women on my floor (they weren't literally on my floor in my office or anything) who got flowers.

Marvin Gardens love love loved the Marvin Gardens card I made for him. (Thank you, dcrmom, for showing me how to do links!) He said to me, "Now, we are not spending, so even though you might think I sent you flowers anyway, I want you to know I didn't send you flowers."

"I know!" I said. I really thought he sent me flowers.

The day dragged on, and at 4:30 I realized he really REALLY didn't send me flowers. Oh, but I was sad.

Then, just as I was getting ready to leave, I got a call. They had used a bunch of flowers for something at work, and I could take some home for free! I gathered up a big bunch of lavender and white flowers!

Then, when I got home, Marvin Gardens had decorated the whole house in Valentine's-y stuff (red candles, red napkins, little Valentines everywhere), and he was pleased to report he used COUPONS for DOUBLE COUPON DAY and made us a nice dinner, including candy apples that he made for dessert.

Again, doing this stuff for really no extra money (he would have bought groceries anyway, and we already had red candles) turned out better than spending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marvin is quite a guy!! Glad your day was saved.

mynameisgee said...

Awwww...that's so sweet! Glad you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! =D